About The Kush Collection
Whether you’re taking a leisurely ride on the trail or racing around barrels, you can ride in comfort on our Kush Collection saddle pads. Made from the highest-quality washed and pressed wool, the Kush pads are our most durable and most comfortable pads to date. Available in a wide variety of thicknesses and saddle pad types, the unique Kush design makes for the most comfortable riding experience you’ve ever had. Read more about the Kush Collection here, and then build your own to make your next ride more comfortable — no matter whether you’re riding for fun or for competition.
The Kush Collection
The Kush Collection is made from 100% high-quality, washed and pressed wool that is 136 ounces per square yard. It is durable and resistant to compression, yet soft and flexible. Properties of this pad allow it to absorb moisture, which aids in removing heat from the horse’s back. This pad is light gray or black in color, and comes in 1.25″, 1″ or 3/4″ thickness options.
Pad Thickness and Recommended Use
1.25″ Thickness Pad
Protection and compression prevention at its finest. Highly recommended for team ropers, and horses with high withers that need extra protection.
1″ Thickness Pad
This is a great all-around pad. Solid, durable protection for any level of performance horse. Recommended for team ropers, barrel racers, cutters, reiners, and performance horses.
3/4″ Thickness Pad
Great lightweight pad, without sacrificing protection or comfort. Recommended for barrel racers, trailer riders, and team penners.
The Kush Collection Deluxe Options
- Fleece Lining // Creates an especially soft feel for added comfort, with more shock absorption, and even better moisture wicking ability.
- Neoprene Lining // Shock absorbing as well as being antifungal and antibacterial. It won’t absorb sweat, and is easy to clean.
The Kush Saddle Pad is Ideal For:
- Everyday work/Ranch/Arena performance = We would suggest our 1″ Kush Wool Saddle Pad
- Trail riding = We would suggest our 1″ Kush Wool Saddle Pad
- If you feel you could use a little additional cushion we would suggest our 1.25″ Kush Wool Saddle Pad
- Barrel Racing/Gymkhana = If your horse is more round back, we would suggest our 3/4″ Kush Wool Saddle Pad
- If your horse has average withers we would suggest our 1″ Kush Wool Saddle Pad
- Team roping/Ranch rodeo = 1.25″ Kush Wool Saddle Pad or a 1″ Kush Wool Saddle Pad with a Navajo
- Sway Back = We would suggest our 1.25″ Kush Wool Saddle Pad
- Broad shoulders = We would suggest our 1″ Kush Wool Saddle Pad